MMLA welcomes SLE applications from outstanding middle and senior leaders in our alliance schools who show a real comitment to supporting colleagues in a specific subject or other areas of expertise. This is a rewarding role with great development opportunites. Typically, you will have:
- At least two years’ experience in at least one school specialism, whether subject-related or linked to another area of school activity (eg pastoral support)
- At least two years’ experience in a leadership role in a school or academy
- A proven track record of working effectively with colleagues in your own school and/or across a group of schools
- Experience of successfully using coaching and facilitiation skills to bring about sustainable imprvements
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills
- An understanding of what it means to be ‘Outstanding’ in your area of expertese, and the confidence to communicate this to others
- An understanding of how your specialism and skills can contribute to wider school improvement goals
- The ability to analyse and prioritse needs, and to estabish innovative working practices
- The drive and ability to grow leadership capacity in others
How do I apply?
If you are interested in applying, please email Caroline at email@example.com for an application form and details of the next round of applications. Since this role involves a comitment from your Headteacher to be released to support other schools, please discuss your application with them before applying. You will be required to attend a day's core training following successful interview and designation. There is no fixed time commitment for SLE work. Designation is for four years, or as long as you continue to meet the eligibility criteria, after which you will be subject to a review by your teaching school.